Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick or Treating 2006!

I was surprised at how great Abbie did on Halloween. Last year she made it about six houses, dropped her pumpkin bucket at a door, and it scared her so bad she cried for about 20 minutes. I was not expecting much trick or treating out of her this year even though she's older, because she's been so shy and reserved to new things lately. I was originally going to get Tinker Bell or a fairy costume for her, but decided not to because it's so hard to get her in and out of clothes, it wasn't worth the fight. Then I decided to go with a super hero like Wonder Woman...but the costumes I found were very skanky, and thought it probably wasn't a good idea to put my 2 year old in a sluty costume, we will save that for when she is 8 or 9. So cruising up and down the aisles I came across this "racy car driver" costume...and since we watch every minute of Formula 1 they put on T.V., and Abbie loves racy cars too...I knew this was the one. The only problem is it is Jeff Gordan's NASCAR race suit...and Scottie doesn't like Jeff Gordon, but he got over that.

Anyway, we invited Abbie's friend Ellie over to Trick or Treat with us. I had our neighbor handout candy at our house so Scott and I could go together with Abbie. Abbie was so excited she would run from house to house. I was so shocked...I wish I had my video camera because I never thought she would actually like Trick or Treating this year, let alone love it. It was so cute! Especially at the houses with candy on the front porch. There was always a sign, like "Take 2" or "Take 3." The girls would carefully count the pieces.

Ellie was super cold in her costume so she left early...and Abbie, Scott and I pressed on. A few houses late though Abbie told me, "I wanna go home, do nite nite." So...that ended our Trick or Treating. We made it just shy of an hour. Not bad I thought. And Abbie didn't cry this year, so I thought that was a major accomplishment. Next year I will have to get her on roller blades like Mandy and I did so we can cover more ground! : ) !!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pictures...you are looking good Stef! Like mother like daughter on the trick or treating...hahaha
Disney for 8 days! isn't that a bit much?

11/10/2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

You can never have too much Disney! Scottie and I are big Disney fans. Plus...Scott's whole family is going...both sisters with husbands and the five cousins...and Scott's parents. Guys are golfing twice, girls are shopping some...everyone's swimming and going to the parks and stuff. I'm sure it will fly by! We went to Disney for our honeymoon for I think 8 days and it was great. Scott and I are going to see a Cirque do Soleil show too while we are there! Pictures to come of course. Hope to see you while Mandy is home.

11/10/2006 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home