Saturday, October 28, 2006

I'm Back!

Okay okay...so it's been so long I'm not sure why I am bothering to blog, because I have lost all of my viewers...but I will try again. I've got so many pictures from this week, when I'm done blogging I'm going to have to start emailing some out.

My baby is 2! She turned 2 on Wednesday...hard to believe, but she is definitely 2. I've got lots of pictures to post from her party, actual birthday, and October birthdays at my parents...and Halloween is coming up too! So...I will stop talking about going to post and I will actually post.

I'm not sure I'm going to get a llama...but Mandy's posts (and nagging) have inspired me to get going. It's Saturday, so Scott is at the track, which is actually a good thing. I've been busy scrapbooking away. I actually scrapbooked my pictures from October birthdays, and it was just yesterday. I have only a few other days to do, and I am all caught up. My goal was to be completely up to date by the time we go to Disney in November. I know after 8 days of vacation with Scott's mom, two sisters and myself taking pictures that I will have a huge challenge on my hands, so I am trying to be prepared.

I have also been working on a quilt for Scott's grandma for Christmas. I'm not completely sold on the idea yet, as I suck at sewing and the last quilt I made has fallen apart more than once after washing. My mom's solution was not to wash the quilt after I made it. Hmm...not thinking that's going to fix the problem. As Grandma will probably wash it eventually, and if it falls apart that would be bad. But we will see. I was going to make the quilt using one pattern 12 times, but my sister convinced me to make each square different, which at the time sounded like a great idea...but since I suck at sewing and have no experience, I should have stuck with something less complicated. Oh well...I have all 12 squares made already, so it's too late to turn back. The scary part is next, trying to get the squares together into one unit. I am inspired again by Mandy, and her knitting. If she can knit, I can quilt. Maybe I will take pictures of my squares and post them...but for now just pictures of Abbie! : ) !!

Back to Abbie. I will post pictures from October birthdays for today, because I was able to go through them already and pick the ones I like the best and crop them. There were so many pictures from her birthday and her party, I haven't been able to pick them out yet. That's my next project tonight, after blogging. Paul's birthday is in October too, and up until next year he always got thrown into November with Chari & John...but now we celebrate October thanks to Abbie...

She got lots of fun things for her birthday, but by far our favorite is her new horse, who at this point is nameless. Scott and I got her a 5 gallon fish tank (pictures to come), and she has named her fish "Two." (She so far has one fancy goldfish, with two more to come and a crab when the tank is ready) She has also tried to name her horse "Two," but Scott and I have vetoed her and have requested a new name. At this point...we haven't gotten a new name out of her, but we will keep trying. Well...the horse is a hit, and Abbie loves to get on and off of it by herself.

Okay...I'm not so good at blogging anymore. I'm not really sure I said anything. But I'm going to upload some pictures, and then get on to sorting my pictures from her party and birthday. Post if you read this so I know I have viewers...and I will put it in my outlook to post some more. Maybe on Saturdays while Scott is gone. Bye!

Okay...the pictures of course won't up load...so I will try later!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

see the thing is you should post for yourself, that is how i started and i still don't get that many comments, but i am always surprised at how many people have read it. ofcourse i drop hints and i think the url might be in my signature on my email so people see it when i email them. so yeah... but i don't think about my blog so much as communication to other people but something i might look back on sometime and it is neat to reflect on... my old blog actually helped me to figure out when to expect my allergies because i had remembered blogging about feeling crappy so the following year i looked up exactly what time that was and guess what my allergies were right on time! haha... so yeah, i wouldn't worry about an audience... think about it as a verbal scrapbook that will be fun to look back on... or maybe even print out at some point and make a book out of... i dunno... anyhow... that is enough coffee for me... i think i am rambling... i am glad your are back. i will look at your quilting and let you know if i have any tips ect... that is so wierd that it would fall apart in the wash.

10/31/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

i like to use my blog to communicate to other people about what's going on with us, that's why i started it. initially i thought i could get denise and shawn to blog on here too...keep everyone up-to-date about what's going on with all the cousins and stuff...but i never got around to that. i like comments too. i don't think there's anything wrong in liking comments...i like other people's oppinions and having them respond back to me. especially since i don't email anyone very much...but if someone emails me pictures of their family, i always email back. you don't have to post a comment, but it's fun if you do. so, i do post for myself, but i personally post more for other people, friends and family, to know what's going on with us.

11/01/2006 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home