Saturday, July 22, 2006

Our Day Today!

Golly gee, I waited so long for these pictures to upload, I am too tired to blog.

Well...we had a great day today. Scott got up and hit golf balls this morning, then met us at Carmel Elementary to go to "Things That Go Rodeo." It was a program put on my the Carmel Public Library where kids can sit on and get up and close with a fire truck, ambulance, dump truck, construction vehicles, school bus, different bicycles, semi truck, hummer, tractor, etc. It was a great day for it temperature wise...really cool breeze and mid 70's. At first Abbie wasn't sure because all the horns were constantly honking, but when she got up in the fire truck and was turning the wheel, she had a blast! It was a great morning, and we had a lot of fun.

Of course...nap time Abbie got out of her crib for the third nap time in a row and came running into her room. I sat in there for a few minutes and she went right to sleep. I usually let her "wake up" for awhile when she first gets up because she is in a better mood if she can hang out in there awhile. She slept for 2 1/2 hours...and I let her talk for 10 minutes or so before I went in to get her, and she was sitting in her rocking chair rocking...too cute!

After her nap, and dinner at Chick-fil-a (yum!), we went to the Hamilton County 4H Fair to check out the animals. No rides at this fair, just lots of animals and fair food. Abbie just loves animals so we had a blast...except she didn't want to leave each section to go to the next. We tried to explain we were going to go see the pigs. But she would say, "I see cows, I see cows." So we'd kinda have to drag her along to the next exhibit...and then she would get so excited. She probably just didn't believe us because I always say bad little lies when wanting her to look at the camera like "wanna see a monkey!" I'll work on that! (It works though.) The funniest part was listening to the animals make noise. It's one thing to say, what's a sheep say Abbie. But standing around hundreds of sheep and them all baaing was a riot. She just thought that was so funny she would baaa too and laugh!

Well...Scott went to the track after we got home to do some work and he is still not back. I'm giving up on him and going to bed. Tomorrow we are playing golf at 9:00 so I need my beauty sleep! Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Abbie driving the school bus.

Abbie and Daddy checking out the fire truck while we wait for Abbie's turn to drive it.


Abbie finally getting her turn to take the fire truck for a whirl...I posted this picture just for Jack & Ryan!

Abbie checking out the goat. She was "talking" to him too in goat talk.


We had a nice little rest on this little ledge while we enjoyed a funnel cake at the end of day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home