Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back To Blogging...

I start out with the best intentions of blogging all the time, but always get slowed down by something. Scott is super busy right now, so Abbie and I are on our own for the next 7 days. His track is the host of the Off Road Electric Nationals. The only race bigger is the world race, so it's a pretty big deal. Especially since he is only in his 2nd year of ownership of the track. Bad news for Abbie and I is that we won't see him much at all. He's been gone a lot of nights this month, and starting Friday, most hours of the day.

The other bad news is that my birthday falls in the middle of it, so I won't get any fun surprises on my birthday. Last year he scheduled my mom to come babysit without me knowing about it, and he took me downtown for dinner. When dinner was over there was a horse and carriage waiting for us outside the restaurant. We went on an hour ride through cobblestone streets just outside "downtown." It was awesome. After the carriage ride we went to the state fair and walked around for awhile. It was an incredibly planned out birthday, and was wonderful! I'm sure we will do something fun for my birthday later...but for now the highlight will be Abbie and I going to Gymboree for our first art class! (I scheduled a make-up of our play class, and you can pick any class in your level for a make-up...kinda cool!)

Well, aside from Scott being gone a lot, I have been very busy catching up on scrapbooking. I had scrappers block again for awhile. I have since gotten over it, and I put all of my done pages away in books, and planned out what I needed to do to bring my books up to date. I really like title pages, and have four book without one. I'm not really sure what I want to do for them though. It was much easier to do a title page to my wedding album, so I have to think about it. I really want to work hard to get all caught up so I can start a quilt. I have been wanting to quilt since I made two friends burp clothes last month...and I got sew-fever! I picked out the pattern I want to try, and am dying to go to Joanns to pick out my fabric.

The pictures below are from our trip to the Children's Museum on Thursday. Abbie, Katie, Jennifer & I went to the museum for a class. It was called Choo Choo Beep Beep Honk Honk, and obviously about transportation. The classes always have sensory tables, art projects, and lots of other things to do. My favorite from this class was the airplanes we made for the girls to wear. They added stickers, but Jennifer I a taped the wings on and wrote their names on with crayons. The first picture is from the steps of Sesame Street.

I have the SetonFest pictures to post too...but I just got my mom's today so I have to go through and pick my favorites to post. Abbie & I went to SetonFest Friday with Scott and Saturday with Nick, Chari, Michael and my mom. Like I said...pictures to come.

Well...we are watching F1 so I gotta run and root on Alonso!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home