Thursday, August 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Okay...so I am a big baby! I didn't want to spend my birthday by myself, so I sort of threw myself a party. I invited my mom, Mary Ann and her boys, Mike and Nick, Shawn & Sadie & Harry, Scott's parents, and Scott's Grandma out to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner and playing tonight. Scott isn't going to be home until after midnight...completely missing my birthday. Although I did spend a half hour with him last night from 12:30 - 1:00 before I went to sleep that was technically my birthday. Anyway...everyone met at Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and playing. People warned me about the pizza but I thought, who could screw up pizza...it was awful! AWFUL! But...we had a lot of fun playing and it was nice to see everyone.

The good news with Scott being gone so much lately is that I have completely caught up my scrapbook up until the last week of June. I only have our reunion pictures and then a few play date sort of things to do and my scrapbooking is done for now. (With the exception of the title pages which I have not figured out yet). And...I am back to sewing. I didn't want to announce I am making a quilt for Scott's grandma for Christmas because I am almost 100% sure I will not actually finish it our it will turn out horrible...but I just announced it. I think 20 12 inch squares should be enough...that would be 4 feet by 5 feet...for a lap quilt, but I'm not sure yet. They are not perfect, but I have six blocks completed as of tonight. I was going to do the same pattern over and over again, but it was so much fun making a new pattern (the second pattern I've ever made) that I wanted to make it more of a sampler quilt with 20 different patterns. I realize though that this will take me much longer because I have to cut different squares for each different pattern instead of being able to cut a ton of squares at one time. The good news is there are lots of block patterns online on my favorite site: www.quilterscache.com. Maybe I will post pictures of my squares...but they are by no means straight..but I am a beginner and have to start somewhere. I'm totally excited to make a quilt for Abbie and I to take to picnics and live music gigs and just to have for snacks in the park. We will see if I get done with Grandma's first.
My rac-e car cake.

Mike, Nana & Abbie



Some of the group...missing Nana, Mike & John, Mike & Nick, Paul and Sadie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Felbie & Rama said...

Happy Birthday Girlie!!! Hahah... I remember when Chuck E. was Showbiz... I loved that place... didn't we go a few times? I remember going once in highschool and then getting kicked out for walking up the skee ball to place the balls in instead of rolling them... or was that at the post road rec center... I don't know... mebbie i did that at both... that sounds like me! I am going to call you now... sorry i am a day late... by the way i made some cute little magnets with the magnet maker you gave me... mebbie if you are lucky i will get my butt in gear and send you one! Have you measured abby's head yet?

8/11/2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger Felbie & Rama said...

Ok, so I really think that protesting blogging is getting old. xxx -m

10/07/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I'm not protesting...just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I'll think about it tomorrow! :) I do enjoy yours! Keep it going, maybe you will inspire me. I'm sure I've lost my whole audience though, being that it's been 2 months! Thanks for checking though!

10/10/2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home