Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'm Back...


Okay, well I've been back since Tuesday, just my blogger vacation lasted a little longer. We have been really busy though. Our first official day back, Wednesday, Abbie had swim lessons and did great. That day she also took 5 hours worth of naps though. Thursday we babysat in the morning and the afternoon. During the morning though, Abbie had a class at the Children's Museum, so I took both Abbie and Ellie to the class (with my mom). It was a lot of fun...I think it was called Water Play. There were lots of different stations set up in this room, and the kids could go around and do what they wanted. Abbie and Ellie both had the most fun at the three art stations. There was one that had frozen water colors into like half of an egg shaped ice tray with a popsicle stick in them that the kids used to paint. It was neat...other than the fact that Ellie and Abbie were also interested in eating the paint-sickles. Yesterday, Friday, we had a two hour play date in the morning with Jacob, and then Kristi came over in the afternoon and we watched a movie, Taking Lives. Then...last night Kristi and I went to see The Marriage of Figaro, an opera, at Clowes Hall at Butler. So...I haven't been blogging but I have been very very busy...but having a good time! Scott has to work at the track tonight again. He worked last night, that's why Kristi was my date instead of Scott. Hopefully we will get some time in the basement to get working on finishing it...but he is being pokey.

The picture is from Florida obviously. Abbie wasn't a willing particiapant in taking cute family photos...so we only got this one and one with her tongue out which I'm sure I will post later. It was taking at a wildlife perserve called Homosassa Springs. There known for their Manatee rescue and rehabilitaion but they have bears, mountain lions, lots of different types of birds, deer, aligators of course, and a hippo.

Okay...my dear Abbie is just waking up. I got her to sleep last night at 6:20 (no nap on Thursday so she was very tired yesterday) and she slept until 8:30. When my mom went to settle her, she woke up completely because it wasn't me...and went back to sleep at 10:30. That works for me because I got to sleep in until 9:00 too, and Scott's still asleep! She's talking away right now!

I have tons of Florida pictures to post so hopefully I will get on the ball and at least do short blogs to get the pictures up here!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! Can't wait to see the pics! Have a great day!

3/11/2006 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was abby on the flight?

3/11/2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

she slept for half of the first flight, and almost all of the second flight...but cried during the end of both flights a little because her ears hurt. the flights weren't as bad as i thought they would be

3/11/2006 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home