Sunday, February 26, 2006

My Quilt is Done!

I finally finished binding my quilt tonight...after many nights of complications. I "break" the sewing machine every time I use it. An experienced person would whiz through all the problems I am having...but I have no clue what I am doing...since this is the first time I have used a sewing machine since 8th grade (which I think was 15 years ago!). My mother-n-law came over today to fix the machine...earlier this week my mom took it to Joanns to fix another problem...and I am proud to say Scott told me to sit there and fix it until I figure it out (tonights problem). And surprisingly I did! I finished binding all four sides, and am proud to say I have completed my first quilt. I have several patterns picked out that I would like to try, but first I want to "perfect" (to some degree) this pattern with my 2nd attempt - the pink quilt. Hopefully it won't be long before I am posting a completed picture of that quilt. Well...I know I already posted today...I was just proud to post my completed quilt, that doesn't look that much different than the quilt top picture I posted earlier. (Sassy is on the quilt trying it out, and to show the actual size). Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home