Friday, April 21, 2006

Falcon Family

Okay...I was too lazy to crop these pictures, and wasn't sure how great their quality would be...but this is my new obsession...

The Indianapolis Star and some people have these two Falcom Cams on Monument Circle monitoring a family of Falcons. I guess they have been doing this for years, I just learned about it for the first time about four days ago, and I am facinated. The web cam reloads once every minute, but you can still get some really cool pictures and views of the falcon's life. It's really neat when the dad brings in "dinner" and the mom rips it apart for the babies to eat. I caught a feeding this morning and sat impatiently waiting for each picture to load. Right now there are three babies and one egg left. I posted two pictures of the mom feeding her babies and one of her sitting on them. Check it out...it's quite cool! Oh...and it's a blog so it's fun to read what everyone writes under each days blog...you learn a lot and there are lots of links to other pictures that have happened so far in the years hatchings. http://blogs.indystar.com/falconblog/

I think this is my first non-Abbie blog...pretty amazing!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute ... i told my mom... she knows about it... but forgot to check it this spring... so she is glad that i reminded her... or rather you did by pointing it out to me.

4/26/2006 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i have been watching this bird and all i see is it's ass... how did you capture those pics!!!

4/26/2006 3:53 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

just right click and save picture as...i can't believe you are asking me! i'm computer illiterate compared to you! it's neat when she feeds them...and apparently the babies get real cute and start walking around and poking their beaks in the camera...and eventually fall of the ledge! I'm a little obsessed with watching them..the oldest is one week old today. I thought you would enjoy them...I did post them for you and your mom, since she likes birds I thought she would be into them.

4/26/2006 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home