Friday, April 28, 2006

The Basement is Almost Done!

Okay...only a few more days and then our basement is going to be done...kinda anyway. I'm actually not excited, because it's not a reality yet, and there's a lot of work left to do this weekend. I painted for four hours today...and probably have about 8 hours of painting left. I edge REALLY slow, and I have to edge the baseboard trim in the whole basement still...all 1,000 square feet of it! I still have to roll the stairs and half the first room when you come down too. I have been painting two hours during Abbie's nap and 2 -4 hours at night too...I had to paint the ceiling and prime all the walls twice and edge them before I could roll. Monday the floor guys come to install the wood floors in the exercise room, and then Tuesday they come to install the carpet. I'm really bummed Abbie's toys are going to take up some of the room in the basement because they are really not going with the color scheme I had planned for down there. The wall color is like a khaki/stone/tan kinda color...and I think it looks really sharp.

Anyway...here are some more pictures from Easter. Our happy little family! I dug out some great pictures of Scott and I when we were younger and I will have to get Scott to scan them in for me at work. Abbie and Scottie are like identical! Although I also think Abbie looks like a picture I have of Kyle a little bit.

Well...big day of painting tomorrow so I am off to bed. (I got to quit tonight because I was painting with so much pressure that I broke my pole) Maybe I will do that again tomorrow to get me out of painting...although I'm not rolling tomorrow I'm edging. Any ideas to get me out of that!?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must REALLY be working like mad on that basement! Haven't heard much on your blog from you!

Another note... you have got me addicted to the falcon web cam!

5/04/2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home