Saturday, January 14, 2006

!@#$%^&


I hate coming up with titles for blogs...it's bad enough coming up with something to blog about, then trying to come up with a catchy title makes me have bloggers block.

Today we went to a flooring store and picked out our carpet and laminate floors for the basement. You can see progress more and more now that we are past the stupid framing stage. Tonight Scott added lights to the storage room, connected the lights in the exercise room and play room to their circuits and wired their switches, and wired the rest of the outlets. And then picking out the carpet and laminates...knowing that soon we will have them installed, just makes for more excitement. (Except the cost of the flooring!)

Then...once the basement is finished we need furniture. So we took our first trip to a furniture store today to start taking a look. It's going to be very simple for now, since we are putting a ton of money into finishing the basement, and the tredmill and eliptical on top of that. But it's fun to start looking.

Scott and I were listening to some new music today that I know my dad would love...so I thought about him a lot today. Plus...in the middle of the night I went to the bathroom and heard humming, and thought it was him. I even woke up Scott to ask if he was humming, and he thought I was nuts. (Turns out it was the wind). The picture I attached is one of my dad and I right before he got sick. We went to New York December 2003 and he woke up sick on January 2, 2004. The picture is funny to me because it is totally out of character for my dad to do anything silly like sticking your head in a rabbit statue, and I totally had to beg him to do it. (Scott is the same way...no fun!) Anyway...there he is in the statue. We were in the zoo in Central Park. It was a fun trip and I'm so glad that we have those memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home