Sunday, January 08, 2006

Lil' Miss Sassafras Mae


I do feel sorry for Sassy a lot...but that doesn't change how I treat her. I'm mean to her, she drives me crazy. She used to be the baby...but now that we have a baby, I only like her when Abbie is in bed. I just use all my energy and focus on taking care of Abbie. When Sassy growls at me to play with her ball, it just drives me crazy.

Abbie on the other hand, loves Sassy and cares for her so much. Today I enjoyed throwing Sassy's ball across the room into Abbie's toy bin so she couldn't bring it to me anymore. Abbie would see Sassy standing up with her paws on the toy box looking in, and would run right over to help her out. She would dig through the box, throwing toys out of the way, until she found the ball and threw it at Sassy. She's such a good little girl! (Sidenote: I couldn't get her out of the Greyhound Rescue Booth at the Home Show downtown today. There were three large Greyhounds and she was just talking and talking to them.)

Today's picture is one of my favorite. When Sassy was the baby, she got to go to Florida with us...two times actually. On this one trip we snuck her into a drive-through zoo. It was so funny to see her looking out the window at all the animals that were walking around right outside our car. She was so puzzled! This one zebra came up to our car and started chewing on the side mirror. (I think it was eating bugs!) It was great. I'm sure Sassy was like what the f**k! I'm sure that will be her last trip to Florida, but we will cherish the memory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home