Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Moving Moment...



As we sat on the couch tonight watching Cinderella, Abbie was anxious to talk to her daddy on the phone and stepped on my side. It actually really hurt, and I said ouch (probably actually yelled it). Abbie actually sat by my side, rubbed my shoulder, and said "I'm sorry mommy." I am still so moved at this even though it might seem so simple to other people, especially people without kids. Abbie's only two, just turned two exactly one month ago today, but she understood that she hurt me and she was truly sorry. I'm so glad I was talking to Scott on the phone because he heard her said it too without being prompted. I was truly proud of my little girl, and although I'm sure it won't last, I am chosing to live in the moment. (Plus I blogged about it so I can remember the date it happened!)



I cut her hair today for the first time. She's only had her bangs trimmed once...almost a year ago, and it turned out awful. I will post a picture. Her hair was super long and really needed a trim, but I didn't want anyone to screw it up, plus I like her curls and really think they are not here to stay, so I want to enjoy them as long as I can. The problem is the left side of her hair (looking at the back of her head) was longer than the right side in spots, so it really needed to be evened up. It wasn't too hard, and definitely helps that her hair is curly, so I didn't have to be perfect. When she got out of the shower I just brushed it straight and trimmed just the back the best I could. I'll be interested to see how different it looks in pigtails, but it looks great down.



Mandy is in town right now for a visit with her family while her husband is in Korea and Germany for work. We have been lucky to have had two visits with her already. Yesterday she hung out here for awhile at our house, and then we went to dinner with her after Scott came home from work. Today Abbie and I took her to West Park to feed the fish...but unfortunately they were apparently sleeping...because we barely saw any. Good news is there were lots of hungry ducks, so they appreciated the bread. We also played a bit on the playground. I only took two pictures at the park...but her hair does look more curly now that's its shorter...so maybe her hair was just weighed down before. (Yes I'm obsessed with hair today)



I posted five pictures...An after shot of last years bangs trim (yuck!) and one with a barrette in that makes it look a heck of a lot better, two recent pictures of her prior to my hair cut on Thanksgiving, and one of my pictures of her from today at the park.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaawwwe...there's my cute baby too...nice smile Mandy!

Cute pics Steph I enjoy keeping up with your little fam.

12/09/2006 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home