Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sledding January 2009

This week on Wednesday we had over a foot of snow pour down on us. I LOVE snow so this was great for me. Most people had to stay home from work because they could not get through the snow. The afternoon before as it first started to snow Abbie and I went over to the sledding hill together and went down 13 or 14 times. Abbie went down four times by herself...which is huge since the last time she went down that big hill she screamed and cried because Scott got snow in her face!

Anyway...since there was so much snow Scott stayed home and worked from here. I shoveled the driveway for a half hour or so and then came in and got the girls dressed up to play outside. There was so much snow so I didn't know how Emily would do, plus it was only her second time out in it. She was a champ and Abbie and her played in the snow for over an hour. When it was time to come in and Emily saw me taking Abbie's snow clothes off in the garage she took off running and I didn't catch her until she was out in the street. She was trying to hide from me!

Anyway...before dinner we went to the sledding hill with both girls and took turns going down since we only had one sled. Emily would throw a fit when it was Abbie's turn and she had to wait at the bottom for them to come back...it was quite funny. Emily laughed the whole time down the hill and then cried when the sled stopped. I even took both girls down the hill together twice, which we then ruled not safe since I couldn't not hold onto both of them and "control" the sled.

Anyway...it was a blast and I hope it snows again soon. We have three sleds now so we are prepared. One for Abbie, one for Scott and one for Emily and I!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason I'm having a hard time getting these pictures to upload. So here is one and I will see if I can get more to upload later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home